Our Facilities & FAQs
Here we answer your most frequently asked questions to make sure your day with us is an awesome experience.
- We have published an accessibility guide here
- The car-park here is FREE!
- You can either book online in advance – by midnight the day before – OR pay on the day. To save 10%, we recommend you book online in advance, but if you prefer spontaneity you can pay on the day at the ticket office.
- When the cubs and bears are tired, there is a Bear Cave Café providing pizzas, wraps and hot and cold delights. We also have a Picnic area – we all know you can’t beat mum’s sandwiches!
- After you’ve experienced the trail, we have an outdoor wash point where you can get most the mud off and toilets to change in, but bring spare clothes and appropriate footwear. Baby changing facilities are available onsite.
- We love our four legged friends so feel free to bring your dogs on leads! We do stress that there is no such thing as a dog poo fairy so please pick up after them!
- Schools & pre-schools, scouting organisations, businesses and other large groups are welcome, (not forgetting birthday parties!). Please get in touch if you’d like to bring a large group here.
More questions? See below or please enquire on the contacts page.
Do you have to book in time slots?
No, the ticket is for all day (10:00 – 1700/ dusk if earlier)
If my ticket says 10.00am, can I turn up later?
Yes, you can turn up at any time. You can return to your car at any point all day and keep entering the Trail.
Do you sell Annual Membership?
Yes, we do! Our Annual Membership are available to purchase online here. letting you and your family enjoy UNLIMITED mud, UNLIMITED Bear Trail family fun, UNLIMITED obstacles to clamber over, UNLIMITED no-screens-just-fresh-air time…you get the picture!!!
So what’s included❓
🐻 Entry to The Bear Trail for a whole year!*
🐻 10% Discount at The Bear Cave Café & shop
🐻 20% discounted entry to special events!
🐻 Priority entry – no queuing for entry!
All this for just:
🐾Child under 1m – £17.95
🐾Adult/Child over 1m – £24.75
(Plus a 45p booking fee)
2020 Annual Membership cards are valid on standard admission dates (not special event days) for 1 YEAR from purchase date
Do you sell e gift vouchers?
Yes, we do! Our e gift vouchers are the perfect pressie, you can purchase them online here.
You’ll be sent an e gift voucher by email with a unique voucher code to forward on to the lucky recipient!
If I am only watching, do I have to pay to get in?
Yes, it is an admission fee like all attractions. We have had much feedback from adults who have enjoyed being involved as a family and that it is a very rewarding day out.
Are there any concessions?
Yes, there are concessions, a price reduction of up to £3.25 off the normal day entry price. This relates to seniors, pregnancy, disabled and disabled carers (1 carer per disabled admission).
Do I have to book?
You can book online (book by midnight the previous night to save up to 10%) or pay on the day at the ticket office. When it is busy (school holidays), we would recommend booking as the bookings have guaranteed entry and the rest would be on availability on the day.
Do I have to print my ticket?
No, you can just produce your booking reference which has been sent to you via email.
Do you have wheelchair access? What do you offer for visitors with a disability?
We have published our accessibility guide here – to communicate our facilities and services to disabled people and other customers who want specific accessibility information, such as older visitors and families with young children.
Please note that the trail itself does get very muddy, and although there is a path around the trail it may not be suitable for prams, buggies or wheelchairs, depending on weather conditions. However, there is level access from the car park to our spectator area.
Do I have to pay for parking?
No, it is completely free. We would ask that the car park is maintained for the use of The Bear Trail only.
Are there toilets, showers and changing rooms?
Yes, there are toilets for male, female and disabled with baby change facilities in the male and female toilets. We currently have one outdoor shower, and have indoor changing rooms with cubicles as well as outdoor changing rooms too.
What clothes should I wear?
It is advised to wear older clothes which you are not concerned if they get muddy. Old trainers and tracksuits are great and some people wear wet suits which could be good in some weathers. A spare change of clothes and a towel is critical.
How long do I spend on the Trail?
It is up to you but generally people spend between 2-4 hours.
Can I have a Party at the Trail?
Of course! We love Birthday Parties here at The Bear Trail, it’s the prefect party venue! We were voted “Best Birthday Party Venue in Devon” by Primary Times readers in 2018 – find out more about our award winning parties here. Got a special birthday, celebration or event coming up? There is also the option to hire The Bear Trail for exclusive use in the evening, with access to the Trail and the Party Barn; please use our contact form to ask for further details.
Is there a weight limit to be able to take part in all the activities?
In order to participate in all the obstacles, there is a weight restriction of 19 stone.