Our Facilities & FAQs
Here we answer your most frequently asked questions to make sure your day with us is an awesome experience.
- The car-park here is FREE! To avoid disappointment, please book a slot on the trail using our online booking system.
- When the cubs and bears are tired, there is a Bear Cave Café providing pizzas, wraps and hot and cold delights. We also have a Picnic area – we all know you can’t beat mum’s sandwiches!
- After you’ve experienced the trail, we have an outdoor wash point where you can get most the mud off and toilets to change in, but bring spare clothes and appropriate footwear. Baby changing facilities are available onsite.
- We love our four legged friends so feel free to bring your dogs on leads! We do stress that there is no such thing as a dog poo fairy so please pick up after them!
- Schools & pre-schools, scouting organisations, businesses and other large groups are welcome, (not forgetting birthday parties!). Please get in touch if you’d like to bring a large group here.
More questions? See below or please enquire on the contacts page.
Do you have to book in time slots?
No, the ticket is for all day (10:00 – 1700/ dusk if earlier)
If my ticket says 10.00am, can I turn up later?
Yes, you can turn up at any time. You can return to your car at any point all day and keep entering the Trail.
If I am only watching, do I have to pay to get in?
Yes, it is an admission fee like all attractions. We have had much feedback from adults who have enjoyed being involved as a family and that it is a very rewarding day out.
Are there any concessions?
Yes, there are concessions, a price reduction of up to £3.00 off the normal day entry price. This relates to seniors, pregnancy, disabled and disabled carers (1 carer per disabled admission).
Do I have to book?
You can either book or pay on the ticket office on the day. When it is busy (school holidays), we would recommend booking due to the bookings have guaranteed placing and the rest would be on availability on the day.
Do I have to print my ticket?
No, you can just produce your booking reference which has been sent to you via email.
Do I have to pay for parking?
No, it is completely free. We would ask that the car park is maintained for the use of The Bear Trail only.
Are there toilets, showers and changing rooms?
Yes, there are toilets for male, female and disabled with baby change facilities in the male and female toilets. We currently have one outdoor shower, and have indoor changing rooms with cubicles as well as outdoor changing rooms too.
What clothes should I wear?
It is advised to wear older clothes which you are not concerned if they get muddy. Old trainers and tracksuits are great and some people wear wet suits which could be good in some weathers. A spare change of clothes and a towel is critical.
How long do I spend on the Trail?
It is up to you but generally people spend between 2-4 hours.
Can I have a Party at the Trail?
Yes, please go to the birthday party link in the menu for more information.
There is also the option to hire the barn out in the evening, please use our contact form to ask for further details.
Is there a weight limit to be able to take part in all the activities?
In order to participate in all the obstacles, there is a weight restriction of 19 stone.